- For the third quarter of 2015, our primary website, WWE.com, averages more than 20.5 million unique monthly visitors worldwide, 418.9 million page views and 39.7 million video streams per month.
WWE Social Media
- Followers of WWE across all of social media have totaled more than 569 million, with year-over-year growth of 30.9%. The Facebook fan count has surpassed 387 million and Twitter is closing in on 119 million. Of special note is WWE's 9% monthly growth in Instagram followers, a total which has now topped 49 million.
- The WWE flagship Facebook page has more fans than megabrands such as ESPN, Marvel and Nike, while
- Posts from WWE's main Facebook Page were seen more than 20 BILLION times by Facebook users in 2015, including 1 BILLION video views.
- WWE's flagship Twitter page has more followers than MLB, Disney and Sony, among others.
- WWE on YouTube was the No. 1 most-watched YouTube channel in the world in August, and consistently ranked in the top 3 throughout 2015. With more than seven million subscribers, our YouTube channel sits ahead of similar brands like IGN, HBO, ESPN and UFC.
- WWE is the most influential sports brand in social media, as ranked by Klout. We are one of only 12 brands/celebrities with a perfect 99 Klout rating.
- WWE is ranked amongst the Top 6 Most Social Brands in the World, in the weekly Sprinklr / Dachis Group Social Business Index rankings. (http://socialbusinessindex.com) -- the highest-ranked sports team or league in the Index.
- WWE has the most social TV shows on two different TV networks (WWE RAW on USA Network, WWE SmackDown on Syfy) (source: Nielsen SocialGuide)
- WWE Monday Night Raw is one of the top five most frequently mentioned TV shows on Facebook alongside Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, The Daily Show and Saturday Night Live.
- WWE and its Superstars have more than 1.3 million social mentions per week on average, with our shows WWE Raw and WWE SmackDown frequently No. 1 in social media mentions for both broadcast and cable television on their air dates. (source: SocialGuide)
- 27 WWE Superstars rank in the Top 100 most-followed athletes on Facebook. (FanPageList.com)
- WWE's Digital Content, Digital Product and Social Teams have won or been a finalist for 40 major digital and social industry awards in 2015.
- WWE on YouTube was the No. 1 most-watched YouTube channel in the world in August, and consistently ranked in the top 3 throughout 2015.
- The channel generated 1.7 billion views in the second quarter of 2015. That number is up 98% compared to the same quarter last year. And with more than seven million subscribers, our YouTube channel sits ahead of similar brands like IGN, HBO, ESPN and UFC.
WWE Network & The WWE App
- WWE Network is the 5th most-popular OTT digital entertainment service, by number of paid subscribers, trailing only Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video and MLB.TV. (Source: Parks Associates)
- The WWE App has been downloaded more than 23.6 million times – 61 percent of which were international downloads from users in 220 countries.
- More than 500 million videos views have been watched through the WWE App since its launch in July 2012.
- In October 2015, there were 4.6 million daily WWE App users (non-WWE Network), with 133 million page views and 9.7 million total video views (also non-WWE Network).
- In the third quarter of 2015, WWE Network total subscribers increased 79% to more than 1.3 million from the third quarter of 2014; average paid subscribers increased 7% to more than 1.2 million from the second quarter of 2015.
- The U.S. English language version of WWE Network is also available, on an over-the-top basis, in more than 175 countries and territories, including Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, Spain, and the Nordics, among others.
- In December 2015, more than 1.3 million votes were cast inside the WWE App during the live, three-hour Slammy Awards program on USA Network, with more than one million unique users engaging on the platform during the show.