OUR TV SERIES STRATEGY
WWE uses its massive social media footprint to help generate engagement with the dynamic storylines our Superstars are involved in on Raw and SmackDown Live. The shows' 1-2 minute video highlights from both inside and outside the ring are perfectly sized for today's social and mobile consumer.
With more than 680 million combined social media followers for our accounts on 14 social platforms, as well as our WWE Superstars' personally managed accounts and pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, WWE can extend an on-air storyline off the TV screen to any social network-engaged mobile user any day of the week, keeping their interest piqued.
On show nights, our Social Media Team sends a two-man team to the site of WWE Monday Night Raw or SmackDown Live, and utilizes a 4-to-6 man team in our social command at WWE headquarters in Stamford, Conn.
The "road team" works with the WWE Superstars at the show to:
- Encourage pre-show engagement with the Superstars' followers on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter by posting candid and storyline-related content on their personal channels.
- Hold Facebook Live video sessions on Superstars' Facebook Pages that advance storyline concepts for the evening's show, or provide a one-on-one Q&A session for our WWE Universe to chat.
- Plan out continuing content between Superstars for the remainder of the week. This may involve pre-taping video interviews and promos, or scheduling tweets with rival Superstars who can't wait to jaw at each other before next week's rematch. Producers will stay in touch with the Superstars at the weekend's Live Events around the country, to encourage the continuation of their on-air storyline.
The "home team" works at headquarters, handling the following:
- Heading up all “live tweeting” of the night’s events on WWE brand Twitter channels, as well as retweeting the best fan tweets and memes about the episode.
- Moderating #RAW and #SDLive tweets to populate the on-screen social media ticker that appears during the show.
- Creating instant highlights from the night’s broadcast using SnappyTV, for immediate distribution on Facebook and Twitter channels.
- Monitoring social sentiment about the night's events, and creating a sentiment report within hours of the conclusion of the episode to inform the show's writers of what storylines resonated with the WWE Universe, and which missed their mark.